This came through from the USPS FAST Team. There is some great information and at the bottom, some FAST resources.
Let me know if you have any questions on FAST/Surface Visibility, I’ll point you in the right direction,
Attention: Mailers Dropping Standard and/or Package Services at a FAST/Surface Visibility (SV) site in the Western Area
Beginning August 18, the following USPS facilities will be activated as part of the FAST Mailer Rating National Deployment.
- 522 – Cedar Rapids
- 50Z – Des Moines BMC
- 55Z – Minneapolis/St Paul BMC
- 570 – Sioux Falls
On August 18, FAST will allocate appointment slots according to tier availability for appointments scheduled for September 1 and onward. Appointment availability will be based on tiers using appointment data from July 14 – August 10.
The facilities listed above were activated for Mailer Rating based on their SV drop shipment compliance of 80% or higher. Failure to adhere to this standard will result in deactivation.
To help you familiarize yourself with Mailer Rating there are a number of resources at your disposal. These resources include but are not limited to the following:
FAST Training & Job Aids
- Available on the Customer website at https://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-login users can click on Resources > Reference Documents to:
- Download updated Customer Web-Based Training (Module 7)
- View FAST Job Aids
- View FAST User Guide
- View, link to or download Publication 804, Drop Shipment Procedures for Destination Entry, Domestic Mail Manual, and all PS Forms
Mailer Rating Reports
- Users can access the following Mailer Rating reports:
- Appointment Rating Analysis Report
- Corporate Rating Report
- Recurring Appointment Performance Report
- Slot Availability Report
Questions or concerns regarding the Mailer Rating National Deployment should be directed to email@example.com with ‘Mailer Rating National Deployment’ in the subject line.
FAST provides email support weekdays 9am-6pm ET. To find answers to your questions, please visit or contact the following:
- USPS Policy: Pub. 804 www.usps.com/publications/pubs/welcome.htm
- FAST ‘How-To’: FAST Pre-Login – Resources – User Guide
- Customer login/information: PostalOne! 800-522-9085 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAST Application Issues: USPS Help Desk 800-877-7435